Need Educational Materials?
Print educational materials are available upon request. Contact us if you need booklets or brochures for an event.
UF/IFAS Hydrilla IPM RAMP Downloadable Material
- Full Guide- 144 pages
- Introductory Booklet- 14 pages
- Brochure- 2 pages
- Boat ruler
- Bookmark (side 1, side 2)
- Webcard (side 1, side 2)
UF/IFAS Recommended Resources and Management Tactics
- Hydrilla information and video
- Possible Biological Control Using Insects
- Chinese Grass Carp
- Weed Control in Florida Ponds
- Grass Carp: A Fish for Biological Management of Hydrilla
Important FWC Link:
Hydrilla IPM Newsletters
- September 2016: Hydrilla biological control agents
- September 2015: New study with Florida LAKEWATCH
- July 2014: Partnership with Florida LAKEWATCH
- April 2014: Tip miner and imazamox are compatible
- January 2014: Success stories
- October 2013: Fipronil run-off is toxic to tip miner
- July 2013: Tip miner and Mt fungus are compatible
- May 2013: Host range of the tip miner
- April 2013: Combining herbicides with the Mt fungus
- January 2013: Featuring Dr. Joan Bradshaw
- December 2012: Tip miner and Mt fungus
- November 2012: Project overview
What Can You Do?
First, clean your boat before you leave the ramp! Transporting plant fragments on boats, trailers, and in livewells is the main introduction route to new lakes and rivers. But, there is plenty more you can do to help. Learn more at the Center for Aquatic and Invasive Plants!
- Hydrilla IPM Presentation: Given at the FLMS Central Chapter Winter Workshop on February 12, 2013
- Citrus County Extension Newsletter January-March 2013: Learn more about activities in Citrus County